Everyone LOVES meatballs, and these little tasty morsels have a very unique flavour and are to die for. If you have kids let them help you, there are lots of ingredients for them to throw together and have them roll the meatballs. They’re sure to enjoy and gobble down something they’ve helped make. For this recipe I used organic grassfed beef from peasants craft farm.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( omit if cooking for children who don’t like spice)
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 cup freshed chopped parsley
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes (organic, least amount of ingredients)
- 1 cup of beef broth
Meatballs: In a bowl, mix the beef with all ingredients. Roll into 1-inch balls and set aside.
Sauce: #1 Heat olive oil in the bottom of the saute pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 mins, until tender and translucent. add the garlic, cumin, pepper, cayenne and parsley and cook for 5 more minutes to blend the flavors. stir in the tomato sauce and beef broth and bring to a simmer.
#2 Brown the meatballs in a pan over high heat with a little coconut oil. Then add to the sauce, cook for 15 mins. serve the meatballs over fried kale or spinach.