- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced thin
- 15-20 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 TBSP of organic butter or coconut oil
- 6 -8cups of home made chicken stock or 2 quart of organic chicken broth
- 2 cups of chopped chicken ( I used chicken from stock).
- 2 cups of chopped spinach (I used fresh)
- 1 can of coconut milk (look for an organic brand) use the solid, thick part at the top of the can- DO NOT SHAKE to mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, sauté onion, mushrooms and celery in coconut oil or butter for 5 minutes until translucent and tender.
Add chicken stock and asparagus, chicken and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add spinach, coconut milk and turn heat up to return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes.